Cancer is one of the most dreaded diseases today, and rightly so. It is very difficult to treat cancer, and a staggering number of people suffer and die from cancer every year.
There are all sorts of medicinal treatments for those with cancer, but many people want to find a natural, holistic method of dealing with the disease. Did you know that juice can actually be one of the best ways to fight cancer?
How to Fight Cancer with Juice
There are a surprising number of fruits and vegetables that can help to protect you from cancer:
- Cruciferous vegetables -- Veggies like celery, turnips, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and collard greens are loaded with anti-cancer properties. Kale, in particular, has been proven to be effective at fighting off the free radicals that cause cancer.
- PAC-rich foods -- Proanthocyanidins are antioxidants found in fruits and veggies with a naturally rich, dark color, including beets, plums, dark grapes, and blueberries. These PACs are very effective at fighting cancer.
- Beta carotene foods -- Beta carotene is an antioxidant that your body converts into Vitamin A, but it can also help to prevent and reduce your risk of cancer. You can find beta carotene in carrots, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, and leafy greens like collards, kale, turnip greens, spinach, and dandelion leaves.
- Berries -- Berries like rasbperries, strawberries, and blackberries are all loaded with antioxidants to help fight cancer.
- Other fruits and veggies -- Some other cancer-fighting fruits and veggies include tomatoes (for your prostate), pineapples, mangosteen, goji berries, Acai berries, and noni fruit.
One thing to keep in mind is that juice alone isn't going to CURE cancer. The juices made from the fruits and vegetables listed above will help to reduce your risk of developing cancer, as the antioxidants and nutrients in the juices will eliminate the free radicals that lead to the formation of carcinogens. The juices can also help to slow or reduce the spread of carcinogens, but they will not heal you of cancer. They're more of a tool to HELP you fight cancer, not the cure.
Here are some tips to help you effectively juice to fight your cancer:
- Go for greens. The more veggies you add to your juices, the healthier you'll be! Plus, they're lower in calories, meaning less risk of weight gain.
- Focus on colors. The more colorful a fruit or vegetable, the more nutrients it contains. A darker richer color means more antioxidants.
- Add a crunch. Crunch (cruciferous) vegetables are some of the best for fighting cancer, so it's wise to add at least one of these veggies into your juices.
- Mix it up. The more juice you drink, the more you will enjoy it! Make sure to mix it up and drink a wide range of juices, as it will stop you from getting tired of having the same thing over and over every day.
The truth is that juicing is a good way to prevent and fight cancer, particularly if you stick with the juices listed above. A cup of juice can go a long way towards keeping you healthy and fit!
August 23, 2014